If you live in upstate South Carolina, selecting the right employment agency is no easy task. Why? Staffing and recruiting firms come in all shapes and sizes. From company to company, the range of services, industries served, employment policies and payroll schedules can vary greatly. And logically, you’re more likely to find the right opportunity with a firm whose services closely match your needs.
So how can you select the best agency for you?
Try turning the tables when you go in for your interview. Prepare a list of questions for the agency’s recruiter to determine if the staffing service is the right fit for your career goals:
- Are there any fees involved for finding me work?
- Does your company specialize in a specific industry or type of job assignment?
- Will my job search be kept confidential?
- How would you characterize your company’s business reputation locally?
- What pay range can I expect for my skills?
- What is the best time / way to contact you, to check if there’s work available?
- How / when will I be paid?
- What benefits do you offer your employees? Skills training? Referral bonuses?
- What should I do if I show up for work, but find that the company doesn’t need me?
- What is your overtime policy?
- If a company wants to hire me as a direct employee, what is your policy?
Most reputable staffing services, like TRUE Group, have comprehensive web sites that provide answers to questions like these. Still, it’s always best to ask for clarification of anything you do not understand. Beyond getting the information you need, asking carefully planned questions also shows the recruiter that you are a true professional who takes your job search seriously.
So before you interview with a South Carolina employment agency, do your homework and come prepared with a list of your own questions. Get the answers you need to choose a staffing firm that’s the right fit for you.
Is TRUE Group the right staffing service for you?
TRUE Group offers employment opportunities for all job levels. Whether you’re looking for the flexibility of part-time and temporary work or an opportunity to take the next step in your career, we can help you find great jobs in the following fields: